Thursday, April 24, 2014

Independent Component 2

Blog 19: Independent Component 2


Content:  

LITERAL
(a) “I, Garett Soapes, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
My mentor, father, Bill Strange, and my Uncle Dale Shaw all played a role in my Independent component. They provide feed back from both 
(c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log.
Done
(d) Explanation of what you completed.
For my independent component I finished shaping my surfboard for my project. I also tried a variety of different boards to compare the differences between them. For example I surfed boards with different tail types to understand how each shape played a role in the boards turning abilities. I also experimented with a series of fin setups. For example I tried tri and quad fin set ups and different fin shapes when I went surfing. Also I have been working with my father on a surfboard design that I will be shaping in the near future for him.
INTERPRETIVE 
Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work. 
The significant parts of my component involves me surfing at carlsbad with my uncle and friend, and working on the boards.  

This is a pictur of me putting a dreck pad on my new surfboard that I made.

This is a photo of my friend Jake, French studies abroad student 
and I on our bluff site at Carlsbad before the morning surf session.
APPLIED
How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.
This component allowed me to analyze different fin setups and shapes of boards while surfing. I was able to compare these boards and fins to different type of wave conditions to see how each of them performed which helped to provide me with my answers to my EQ. 


No comments:

Post a Comment