Monday, May 12, 2014

Mentorship

Content:
LIA Response to blog:
    Literal
·     Log of specific hours with a total and a description of your duties updated on the right hand side of your blog
Done
·     Contact Name and Mentorship Place
Ryan Lopez- (951) 218 - 4730
    Interpretive
     What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
The most important thing that I gained from my experience with my mentor was being able to pick the right board for the right situation. My mentor Ryan taught me a lot about the different types of shapes of boards and was even kind enough to let me test them out. This allowed for me to see how each board felt under my feet and see how they performed in different types of waves. He also taught me a lot on the shaping side of things explaining the importance of rails and rocker shape towards the boards performance.
   Applied
     How has what you’ve done helped you to answer your EQ?  Please explain.
My mentorship has played a pivotal role in the development of all my answers. It allowed me to experience first hand my first and third answers, which were about the fins, rails, and rocker of the board, by surfing with different fin setups and different board shapes. It also helped me with the development of my second answer, which was through considering oceanography when crafting the surfboard, because I got to surf in different types of surf conditions and geographical locations.


*Please do not turn in your mentorship hours to the office.  After we collect the total list from all seniors, we will turn in one piece of paper with all hours for everybody.  It is counted as 50 hours of the 200 you need in order to graduate from I-Poly.  The 10 hours in the summer have already been added to your community service total.

No comments:

Post a Comment