Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Senior Project Reflection

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection



(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your Block Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
I am most proud of my activity. I felt that it really provided a great understanding of how the rail and rocker of a surfboard work and how the connection between the two is important. My audience was able to connect from this activity that certain shapes within a surfboard can be used to compensate or make up for other parts of the board. 


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Block Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
Being able to create a surfboard after conducting research on how the different shapes affect the the style in which a rider can ride a board really worked for my senior project. It allowed me to take what I had learned from my senior project research and apply it to building my own surfboard helping me to create a better design that matched my style of surfing. 
(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
I didn't really have anything I would want to go back and change. If anything I would have liked to have met with my mentor Ryan Lopez more often. It was really challenging to get our schedules to match, other than that everything has gone according to plan.
(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.
My senior project has showed me that I want to find something that I am truly passionate about. Throughout this year I have heard many kids complain about their projects saying that they hated it or they didn't want to go to mentorship. Personally I looked forward to doing my senior project and presentation hoping to learn new things about surfing which is one of my passions and hobbies in life. So, what this project has showed me is that I want to find a job that I am truly passionate about because if I can do that then I would never have to work a day in my life. This project has lead me to the conclusion that I would like to do something in the field of water reclamation. I am very passionate about the sport of surfing and the ocean, so anything that I can do to  help the environment and those around it would be spectacular!

No comments:

Post a Comment